Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

2 posters

New Vegas Adventures

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

New Vegas Adventures Empty New Vegas Adventures

Post by Maigrets Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:58 pm

It took me ages to get the game running again after a long hiatus and even though the last time i played it was fine, something happened in the meantime and I had to redo everything.   Those gremlins that mess stuff up when you're not looking.  confused

These screenshots are of Molly.  She doesn't have story at the moment and her second incarnation is about to be born since I had to make some changes...again.   The game used to run perfectly, but for whatever reason now it doesn't, even with no changes.   All I can think of is Steam updates which some people blame and I wouldn't be surprised.  Paranoia kicks in. bounce

Those kids are talking about me.  I know it... Shocked
    New Vegas Adventures Kids_zpst7itekh9

Cool Killer
    New Vegas Adventures Killer_zpsliwnwq9m

Watcher
    New Vegas Adventures Observe_zpsjmqb3ddp

Sandstorm Blues
    New Vegas Adventures Sandstorm_zpsbm5ys7gz

How many times have I told you...not on the table!
    New Vegas Adventures Table_zpsk6a2w25r

Xmas in the Mojave.  Waiting for a bus that never comes.
    New Vegas Adventures Xmas%20Tree_zpshconfxu5

Random scene.
    New Vegas Adventures Scene_zps6ntfofe6
    Ailsa

New Vegas Adventures Empty Re: New Vegas Adventures

Post by Ailsa Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:40 am

Somewhere and somewhen in the last 6 weeks or so I have seen mention of Win 7 and 8 and their updates causing issues with Fallout - I wish I could remember more than that it has something to do with the Admin setup I believe.

Lovely pictures, and a strong looking personality Very Happy
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Thanks Ailsa.  Smile

New Vegas runs fine with Win 7.  I don't know about Win 8 but I believe it's also fine.  You do need the 4GB patch though, especially if you use texture replacers like I do... a lot of them..lol

Fallout 3 being older does need a bit more treatment but I outlined that in that game's forum.  

It takes quite a bit of work to get both games stable but in over 100 hours on FO3 I've only had 3 crashes and usually after a long play time.  One was during the final battle where there are a lot of explosions and extra activity so I wasn't surprised.   NV is about the same now that I've streamlined my load order and used everything I could find to help.  

I have to use ENBoost on NV, but not on FO3, but I do have a lot more big mods and textures on New Vegas.  Not to mention followers and extra NPC's.

Both games gave me some headaches setting up, it was worth the effort. New Vegas Adventures 2431787968
    Ailsa

Post by Ailsa Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:52 pm

I have reservations about installing the Fallout games I have as I am not a "shooter" player and the game descriptions didn't inspire me when I first read them.
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:17 pm

It's not all about shooting like a 1st person shooter, but obviously there is a lot of it.  Also, there is a LOT of heavy swearing, including from children in FO3, so that might also deter you.  It's not quite as prevalent in New Vegas though. It doesn't bother me most of the time because it's a harsh world and where communities devolve as much as they have I'd expect it for realism at least.   Besides, I hear as much walking through a shopping center.   silent Not that I'm defending that, but it's a fact of life these days.

Personally, I much prefer these games to Elder Scrolls.  They definitely have more "character." Sometimes it makes me wonder that Bethesda created Elder Scrolls and made Fallout 3.  Obsidian made New Vegas.

As much as New Vegas often gets a lot of criticism, Obsidian were only given a year to complete the game and did a pretty good job of it, considering. Better quests, better writing, choices and consequences, factions and more that Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls games don't have. Especially Skyrim.

I finally uninstalled Skyrim. I just can't make myself enjoy it anymore.

Ailsa

Post by Ailsa Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:22 pm

All that really keeps Skyrim playable for me are Inigo and a few of the quest mods I have been following. I still want to see Inigo's quest when Smartbluecat finally finishes it Very Happy

Well I have 2 or 3 of the Fallout games sitting on either GOG or Steam so I will give them a try at some stage after reading your post Smile
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Ailsa wrote:All that really keeps Skyrim playable for me are Inigo and a few of the quest mods I have been following.  I still want to see Inigo's quest when Smartbluecat finally finishes it Very Happy

Well I have 2 or 3 of the Fallout games sitting on either GOG or Steam so I will give them a try at some stage after reading your post Smile

Yes, Inigo is one of the mods I will regret being able to play, but I'll always have the memories.  Very Happy   I'll also miss the dog companions I used, but I have some in FONV so it's not so bad.

New screenshots.  I'm having a ball with this game since I got it stable.  No crashes, no stutters, or very few minor ones, and LOTS of mods.

Molly.   She has had a vanilla haircut since this picture because I got sick of not being able to wear hats and hats are New Vegas Adventures 75187975   They clip badly with non vanilla hair unfortunately.
    New Vegas Adventures Molly_zpshhfelbbt

The Storyteller Companion.
    New Vegas Adventures Storyteller_zpszd2sclxb  

Sneaking.  Danger ahead...very much danger in A World Of Pain dungeon.
    New Vegas Adventures Sneak_zpsy1ylotlw

Bringing solar power to the wasteland.
    New Vegas Adventures Solar%20Power_zps9ktl0ys9

Veronica makes herself at home in my Novac apartment.
    New Vegas Adventures Veronica_zpsvuhtlnjm

Goodsprings by the saloon
    New Vegas Adventures Goodsprings_zpsgavwr0ky

Reporting for duty, Sir.
    New Vegas Adventures Reporting_zpscry3vuja

Radiation sickness.   pale  
    New Vegas Adventures Radiation_zpsgumydixe

Cowgirl  New Vegas Adventures 3869525017   Accompanied by Vincent and Desmond in the background.  Veronica is there somewhere as well as two dogs.
    New Vegas Adventures Cowgirl_zps6w1f1qra
    Ailsa

Post by Ailsa Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Is it just me or is the sneaking animation still the same in every single game?

Lovely, characterful shots Very Happy
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:32 am

Ailsa wrote:Is it just me or is the sneaking animation still the same in every single game?

Lovely, characterful shots Very Happy

Thanks! Very Happy

I guess the sneak animation is similar, but it looks a lot better in this game when you're actually moving. Besides, it doesn't matter to me as I don't see it unless I want to take a screenshot as I play 99.9% of the time in 1st person.

I don't think there's a heck of a lot they can do with some animations unless they go Anime style or something, and that won't suit the game at all.
    Ailsa

Post by Ailsa Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:02 am

Good point Very Happy I was just thinking that I have never seen anyone sneaking in real life - and if you watch movies, tv shows etc they move fairly normally most of the time in such a way as to blend into the crowd or the shadows Very Happy
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:38 pm

New character Quinn.   He favours shotguns and loves company, hence all the followers.   Cool  

Generally, he's a pretty easy going guy, but having been shot in the head and left for dead shakes up a person's view of the world.  He's not vengeful, but he does intend to "sort out" the scumbag who caused all this turmoil.  

Quinn 1
    New Vegas Adventures Quinn_zpsddsaqqlj

Quinn 2
    New Vegas Adventures Quinn2_zpstn4emhhm

The Crew, or at least most of them.  
    New Vegas Adventures Crew_zpsy77m5woo

Great Khan Territory
    New Vegas Adventures Khans_zpsq3pjyf9l

Enter the Dragon....errrr Deathclaw
    New Vegas Adventures Deathclaw_zpsj9iq3f3q

Waiting at the station for the train that never arrives
    New Vegas Adventures Packed_zpsg94inhdb

And..this is why they call them Deathclaws.  This is a friendly one from the World of Pain mod in the Underground.  Unfortunately I can't remember his name, but he's a bit of a family guy.  It's a bit dark, unfortunately, but I did try to brighten it a bit.
    New Vegas Adventures Claws_zpsbekyyilj
    Ailsa

Post by Ailsa Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:53 am

Very nice Very Happy He has a good face, likeable even Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 pm