Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

2 posters

Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Empty Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue

Post by Maigrets Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 pm

This is Tennae.  She is a Dalish Elf and a Rogue who will specialize in poisons and both archery and dual weapons when necessary.  I need to think about that as I will have access to other Rogues in game, but don't necessarily need to use them.   She will be a thief and possibly stealthy becoming an Assassin.   Not sure there will be enough points overall to do all this, but it's early yet.  Plus, I can always respec.

In one session, I played up until I got my dog which was several hours, and now I need a name for him before I play again.  He's white with the beginner's Kaddis, which is showing up properly now.

Just a few initial shots.

It's not easy being an Elf.  Humans persecute us at every step and now that I'm to be a Grey Warden, I have to tolerate them.   But, maybe not, we'll see.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Taenna_zpsfthdt0qe_1

There's something around the next corner and I know it's going to be spiders....Yuck!
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Origin_zpsxmhfva9x_1

I made the decision to kill three humans who came too close to our camp.   That didn't go down very well with The Keeper.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Archers_zpsvncceuol
    Fessels
    Fessels

Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Empty Re: Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue

Post by Fessels Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 am

She looks really good, and using poisons is pretty great. I use poisons with Zhai as well. As for the keeper not being happy with you killing those 3 humans, I can Imagine he does not like it ... but he has no right to complain at all because he is worse. Smile
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 am

Fessels wrote:She looks really good, and using poisons is pretty great. I use poisons with Zhai as well. As for the keeper not being happy with you killing those 3 humans, I can Imagine he does not like it ... but he has no right to complain at all because he is worse. Smile

Thanks.   Smile   I have so many hair styles it took ages to decide on one.   The Keeper was female, I'm pretty sure, and I looked it up on the Wiki.  The Elf I was with at the time (in the screenshot) said the Keeper would not be happy and she was the first person that greeted me when I got back to camp after killing the humans.

Anyway, we passed through Ostagar where the human King Cailan was betrayed by someone he trusted.  Cailan was a weak and naive leader, blinded by glory and would have led the people to disaster. That whole battle sequence and cut scenes is very emotional and so, so well done. Like a Star @ heaven

The Darkspawn army arise to invade and destroy Ostagar
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Darkspawn_zpsbogs5w0m_1

King Cailan is killed by an abomination.   Weak or not, he didn't deserve this.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue King%20Dies_zpshmy4t23x_1

We venture on toward Lothering.  On the bridge we are accosted by highwaymen trying to exact a toll and robbing refugees.  I had no patience with their actions so they had to die.   Had they not attacked first, I may have allowed them to run far, far away, but...such is life, so the speak.  They got their just rewards.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Bandits_zpstw3sa5of_1

It turns out Lothering is a miserable village full of refugees and conmen trying to exploit them.  We only stayed long enough to sort out some problems for a few of the people to my advantage.  I insist on being paid for my services whether it's to collect herbs or to kill bears and bandits.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Lothering_zps1mljxpwh_1

We arrive at the Chantry in Redcliffe Village where I agree to help out with mysterious attacks on the village at night.  Sten, a Qunari warrior who joined us at Lothering highly disapproves.  That's just too bad, he'll have to get used to my decisions if he wants to stay with us.   I suppose I'll have to butter him up later and soothe his hurt feelings with a gift of some kind.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Sten%20Disapproves_zps2funjhkm_1

We arrive at our camp, weary and in need of rest.  My dog Polar is a Mabari, a War Dog, very intelligent and protective.  However, he needs to work on his manners.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Relief_zpsrim77yvv_1
    Fessels
    Fessels

Post by Fessels Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Ohww the white mabari does look great indeed, especially with the black Kaddis.

As for King Cailan, well he was definitely very naive and deaf to the advice of his people, but despite that he seemed like a good man at heart to me.
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Fessels wrote:Ohww the white mabari does look great indeed, especially with the black Kaddis.

As for King Cailan, well he was definitely very naive and deaf to the advice of his people, but despite that he seemed like a good man at heart to me.

True, but history proves that men of good heart usually don't win wars. They end up like Cailan, betrayed by their own people or even killed by them.

By no means do I advocate war in real life, but the reality is leaders have to be strong and at least seen to be ruthless, because there's always someone waiting in the wings to take usurp them.
    Fessels
    Fessels

Post by Fessels Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Maigrets wrote:True, but history proves that men of good heart usually don't win wars.  They end up like Cailan, betrayed by their own people or even killed by them.    

By no means do I advocate war in real life, but the reality is leaders have to be strong and at least seen to be ruthless, because there's always someone waiting in the wings to take usurp them.

You are right, and again it is History that proves your point on that.
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:40 am

Dealing with the Demonic forces in Redcliffe, we get new armour and visit Soldier's Peak.   All in a days work.

Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Taenna_zpsrc4jdhkw

Demonic Bear
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Demon%20Bear_zpsp5pg0muw

Redcliffe fight as evening approaches
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Redcliffe%20Fight_zps95letmrd

Entering the castle and being set upon by undead.
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Backstab_zpspbwacpvo

Approaching Soldier's Peak
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Soldiers%20Peak_zpsjovyprmg

Ash Wraith at Soldier's peak
    Tennae - Dalish Elf - Rogue Ash%20Wraith_zpsdgqo9nf9
    Fessels
    Fessels

Post by Fessels Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:57 pm

That particular type of bear looks really gross ... yet the spikes make it look a bit cooler. Soldiers Peak is short but it is kind of cool getting a bit of history lesson on the Grey Wardens in Ferelden.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:46 am